Cow Brain in Turmeric Broth (Otak Masak Lemak Kunyit)

 I'm sure many of you never tasted cow brain. It is my favourite since I was a kid. Every year when my father slaughtered cow for Hari Raya sale, he surely reserved the brain for me. There was one year I couldn't come home for Hari Raya during my student time, my father sobbed quietly thinking of me when my mum served the brain. So whenever I cooked this dish, I will surely think of my belated father.

My friend gave me the cow brain from the cow he slaughtered for his daughter's wedding. Apparently, the Sarawakian throw away the brain because they don't like it. I told them that it is very delicious. This is the way my mum cook the cow brain every year in thick turmeric broth. Warn you that 100g cow brain contain 2054mg cholesterol (compared to 100g beef which contains only 65g cholesterol) i.e 30 times more of its meat..... Anyway, I don't care..... the last time I ate cow brain was about 5 years ago.... so I'm fulfilling my crave here....LOL!
By: Roz@HomeKreation
INGREDIENTS:
Cow Brain from 1 cow
6 Shallots*
Some Chili Padi*
2 Green Chili*(*pounded)
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 Turmeric Leaves - sliced finely
4 Lemongrass - sliced thinly / bruised
1/2 pot Thick Coconut Milk
1 Tamarind Piece
Salt

METHOD:
Place all in a pot & stir all the time until boiled and the brain is cooked.
Serve with white rice.
*************************


BAHASA MALAYSIA VERSION
Otak Masak Lemak Kunyit
Lauk masakan kegemaran Along dari kecil, memang sedap sangat kalau dah suka. Pada yang tak suka makan baguslah sebab kolesterol otak ni 30 kali ganda daging lembu. Tapi bagi yg suka sangat macam Along ni, kita makan sekali dalam beberapa tahun jer. Bukan senang pun nak dapatkan otak lembu. Bab2 makan ni, selalu ikut tekak ler apa tingin hentam je lah, pikir diet kendian2....hehehe. Masakan lauk otak ni cara emak Along masak, memang tak pernah masak cara lain.
BAHAN2:
Otak dari seekor lembu
6 ulas Bwg Merah*
Sedikit Cili Padi*
2 biji Cili Hijau*(*tumbuk)
1 st Serbuk Kunyit
2 helai Daun Kunyit - hiris halus
4 btg Serai - ketuk atau hiris halus
1/2 periuk Santan
1 keping Asam
Garam

CARA2:
Masukkan kesemua bahan2 ke dlm periuk, kacau selalu sehingga menggelegak & otak masak sempurna.
Hidangkan dgn nasi putih.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive