Kek Lumut Sarawak II (Sarawak Steamed Green Cake II)

 Few days ago, my lovely blog friend Nur68 emailed me this very nice recipe of her mum's which she said is an old version of Sarawak Kek Lumut. I get very excited when I received this recipe by looking at the ingredients which uses only sugee flour & nestum with no flour necessary. I couldn't wait to try it out and today is the best opportunity because I was on half day leave in the afternoon and my friend CikY & her son from KL visited us. I invited her for dinner and this cake was one of my treat.

My hubby really loves this cake and he did not stop eating it one by one while complementing the taste. Indeed this is very different than the first Kek Lumut version that I tried earlier here in term of ingredients/texture/taste - it is softer and crumbly and most of all tastier. I will definitely make this again in the future but perhaps should reduce the amount of butter slightly. Thanks so much Nur Cayang & to your kind mum too for sharing a great recipe.

Sorry for keep you waiting. It was passed 1 am when I posted it last night and hence was too tired to type the recipe.

Source: email from Nur68
Recipe below is half of the original measurement
Size: 8" Round
INGREDIENTS:
5 Eggs
1 cup Caster Sugar
8oz Butter
½ cup Sugee Flour
1 cup Nestum
½ cup Ideal Milk
½ cup Tea (2 tsp tea powder + water)
Green Color (I used Pandan Paste)

METHOD:

1. Beat egg until fluffy.
Add in sugar gradually while beating.

2. Beat butter until fluffy & add into egg batter.

Add in sugee flour & nestum until well mixed.
Add in milk, tea & green coloring.

3. Steam for 2 hours until cooked.

**************************

BAHASA MALAYSIA VERSION
Resipi sumbangan daripada sahabat blogger Nur68. Menurut ibu nya ini ialah resepi dulu2 yg asal & tiada menggunakan tepung. Nur kata kalau cair boleh tambah tepung tapi Along tak tambah pun & ok jer keras tapi mungkin kena kurangkan butter sedikit supaya tidak berminyak. Rasa nya tersangat enak sebab rasa suji & nestum yang harum. Maceh setinggi gunung Sentubong kepada Nur68 sebab sudi kongsikan resepi di sini.

Source: email drpd Nur68
Resepi di bawah ni Along dah separuhkan drpd yg asal.
Saiz: 8" Bulat
BAHAN2:
5 biji Telur

1 cwn Gula Halus
8oz Mentega
½ cwn Tepung Suji
1 cwn Nestum
½ cwn Susu Ideal
½ cwn Teh (2 st serbuk teh + air)
Pewarna Hijau (Along guna Pes Pandan)

CARA2:
1. Pukul telur sehingga kembang.
Masukkan gula sedikit2 sambil di pukul.
 

2. Pukul mentega sehingga kembang & campurkan ke dlm adunan telur.
Masukkan tepung suji & nestum & gaul sebati.
Masukkan susu, teh & pewarna hijau.

3. Kukus selama 2 jam sehingga masak.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive