Update on progress

Just a quick update on the progress of the project:

Android port:
  • I'm trying to add SDL_RWops support to the file operations so that resources can be read directly from the apk instead of from the real filesystem. I'd say the code is now there, but the code has started to crash on launch... I must've broken something during the latest changes but cannot find the cause, will have to investigate.
  • Appart from that, many things were progressing nicely. You can grab a very early preview of the code from here. Install the apk and then place your main.dcb file in /mnt/sdcard/data directory. Be aware that if you call set_mode BennuGD will crash. (Details here).
iOS port:
  • The only remaining issue regarding the iOS port seems to be the color ordering (Apple uses BGR for describing colors, instead of RGB). I've already added code for BGR loading for PNG loading by using DCelso's code for the PSP and PNGs are now loaded correctly. I must now fix MAP loading, which shouldn't take long, either.
  • I also figured out how to use native resolution in iPad and iPhone 4, I'll tell you when I release the new binaries.

Stay tuned!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive