First Day in Europe in Paris

 ok, friends here is the story (Paris part only) on my recent holiday trip and also to answer some questions received earlier. Don't be surprise that I actually went alone without my family along.... It was just me and a female friend....hehehe (sounds pelik ke....). My boss keep on reminding me that I deserve a real good break, somewhere away from Malaysia. My hubby been encouraging me to do so too and he said he can take care of the family without me (what a lovely husband and the best in the world). So it was a real break for me from everything in the office and home....

I departed from KL at almost midnight & reached Paris 6am in the morning. It took us quite a while to get a train from Parris des Gaulle airport to Hotel des Arts Bastille near Charonne metro station.It was 15 minutes walk from the station to the hotel but we were looking for it more than an hour before able to locate it. The most memorable part of the hotel is the lift which is the smallest lift I ever ride on (could also be the smallest hotel lift in the world...haha). It can only carry one person at a time even a person as petit as I am.....LOL. I do not have the picture of it because it is in my friend's camera which she has not yet downloaded for me.
Once we settled our luggage in the hotel, the first destination was the famous Eiffel Towel. We went there twice to have both day and night view. A very impressive gigantic lattice iron structure. Along the streets you can find many men selling Paris souvenirs like key chains, magnets, scarfs, t-shirts, etcs.
 The next destination was visiting Sacre Couer which is located at the highest point in the city. The nice thing about this place, you can have Paris city view once you reach the top staircase. Adjacent to it is art galeries with impressionist painters.

We also went to Montmartre not far from Sacre Couer where we had our lunch. It was a huge plate of chicken kebab from an Arabian restaurant. I only managed to eat half of it.
At night, we had pizza for dinner near the Eiffel Tower (photo with my friend). Although it was just a plain tomato & cheese pizza, it was very delicious - the aroma of the bread was really nice.
 Arc de Triomphe (nothing special but just photo taking to show that I've been there)

The most prestige shopping store in Paris is Printemps located in Boulevard Haussmann. I didn't buy many things apart from my blue Lancome eyeliner (that I've been using since the last 25 years and not sold in Malaysia) and perfume for UsusRaz. We didn't have much luxury of time to do proper shopping.

Early in the morning of the next day, we were in a train heading to Brussels. Watch out for the next update.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive