Crostini Dijonnaise – Mustard-Infused Toasts for Extra Special Spreads

If you’re going to serve your pate or rillettes with toasted bread and mustard anyway, why not save a step, and just make mustard-flavored crostini? That’s the question I asked myself while making the potted duck spread we just posted, and this was the answer. 

For a first attempt I was very happy with the results. These had the same crispy crunch of traditional crostini, but also offered a fairly noticeable, mustardy zing.


I’m looking forward to trying some variations using hot mustard powder, maybe mixed into a little olive oil. Speaking of oil, my only criticism is that these needed a little more fat. Next time I’ll use a little more of the butter spread, and/or drizzle in some olive oil to insure we don’t have any dry spots.

That aside, I loved the color, and as we head into entertaining season, I think these would make a great addition to your appetizer arsenal, especially when paired with something as extra special as a batch of homemade rillettes (hint, hint). I really hope you give these a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for one baguette:
1 baguette, sliced diagonally
4 tbsp soft butter
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp yellow mustard
salt, freshly ground black pepper, and cayenne to taste
- bake at 350 F. until crisp and golden brown
(Next time I may try to add a few tablespoons of olive oil, and a pinch of mustard powder to the mix)

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive