iPad fundraising [UPDATED]

It looks like some people have been having some trouble when publishing their BennuGD iOS games in Apple's App Store as they appear to have some problems with iOS5 running in iPad 2's.
Those problems cannot seem to be replicated in the iOS emulator and I don't know anybody who can lend me one. Also, those things are really expensive, so I cannot afford to buy one.

Some users have suggested that I set up a fundraising to buy one, as they'd be willing to donate some money, so that's what I'm doing.Right now an iPad costs €479 in Spain. Right now I can only afford to pay the first €50 €150, so I'd need the rest from users willing to see the iOS port advance.
You can see a live preview of how things are doing below:



Donations average: €26.03

If you want to donate, I believe the best way to do it is through Paypal, so you can donate in € by clicking the button below:
If you want to donate in $, please use the button below:

(See update 3)
This'll allow me to make the iOS port advance further and ensure it works just fine with the iPad, so your games will run flawlessly there. It'll also make the iOS port go forward faster, as I'll have more hardware to test it in.

I'll be raising money during 3 months (max). The idea is that if I don't get enough money to buy one by that time I'll re-donate the collected money to the BennuGD project.
However, if you'd like to get your money back in case not enough money is collected (or if you want to give it any other use, say donate it to some other open source project or some entity of any kind) please let me know.

So... thanks, let's see how this works.

[Update] I've increased my part in the fundraising up to €150.
[Update2]: SplinterGU gave me an idea yesterday by e-mail, so I'm setting up a small experiment that goes as follows:
If you donate more than the average user donation (not including mine) as published at the time of your donation in this page you'll get access to the next binary version of BennuGD for iOS two weeks before public release.
New features in the next binary version of BennuGD for iOS include:
  • mod_multi integration for multitouch support (up to 10 fingers) in your games.
  • mod_fmodex integration to be able to leverage the power of this industry-grade sound library that greatly exceeds the power of BennuGD's standard sound library, as it allows you to play several music files at once, 3D sound support, pitch control in playback, spectrum analysis... Check out the FMOD homepage to see a list of games using FMODEx for sound playback, it's amazing. You'll be able to use that same power on your games (see their sales page for licensing terms).
  • mod_sqlite to save and read game data and preferences easily using iOS's preferred file format.
  • The latest and greates in BennuGD code.
  • You'll also be helping Android users as most of the code applies to them, too.
I've started looking at how to integrate some other  new really cool feature, but that'll take longer to implement.

All the users that have already donated will get access to this early release and -of course- full source code will be published when it's released to the general public.
[Update 3]: I got it! I'll soon post a couple of photos of the thing in action and will start seeding preview binaries for those that donated. Thanks to everyone :)

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive