Blackberry Almond Buckle – You May Want to Loosen Your Belt

First things first; this type of rustic dessert is called a buckle because of how the fruit sinks into the buttery batter as it bakes, and “buckles” the surface with its juicy weight. 

I believe you’ll find my completely made-up explanation in the video a little more interesting, but regardless of the etymology, this blackberry buckle is no joke.

I added a handful of almond meal, since I had it around, and I think almonds and blackberries have a thing for one another. It seemed to work out nicely, although it did make things a little denser; which in this kind of thing isn’t necessarily a bad thing. 

Same goes for the toasted nuts on top. Leave them off it you want, but I liked the crunch. I was going to tell you to use any berry you want, but I changed my mind. This really needs to be done with blackberries. Raspberries are a little too delicate; as are strawberries, and blueberries are barely berries to begin with. For me, it’s blackberries or bust. I really hope you give this a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 8 Portions Blackberry Buckle

3 cups fresh blackberries
2 tbsp white sugar if your berries are sweet, 3 if they need some help
1 tsp vanilla extract

For the batter:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup almond meal
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of cinnamon
1 cup milk
8 x 12 baking dish with 6 tbsp hot melted butter poured in.

- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 1 hour

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive